Wednesday 24 April 2013

Back in the Habit !

"Ahhhhhhh yea .... Summer summer summer time " - yes the sunshine is here ! I love it and I hope it's not going away because I have a heap of spring/ summer shoes that need to be worn ! 

Every year summer fashion hits the high street and every year we go out and buy a load of "stuff". Personally, I usually overload on summer shoes. But the truth is we Londoners don't really get to wear our summer wardrobes much because the sun never sticks around; so consequently our summer gear is still fresh the following year but we buy more anyway because it's in the nature of the women of today to shop! Right?!! 


So as the sunshine came out this week the order of my shoe boxes got flipped around. Yes the sandals, wedges and bright courts made their way from the floor to the top of the stack and the boots have creeped back to the bottom. 2 pairs of summer shoes have been worn in 2 days. Score . 



This spring has been no exception in that i've already gone and purchased a summer shoe (oops). Orange is my favourite colour so when I see shoes this pretty how am I suppose to resist?? These lovely ladies are from Zara and priced at £30 only !! Totally worth it. 




I have worn them twice already: once to a wedding with a navy and white pencil skirt + shirt ensemble and once to a casual dinner with jeans. 

They look even better in real life - trust me!  



The strap ensures I won't slip out when i'm running across the street (at the green man of course) and the closed front means they are appropriate for spring. So even if it's not really hot and sunny I can still wear them. I also just love the idea of a smart shoe that is NOT open toe but not a boring court shoe either.... don't you? 





A couple of "old" pairs of summer shoes that I can't wait to wear are my Habits and Kan Kans. I've had them for a while (at least 3 summers) and I can safely say they are my all time favourite pairs of summer shoes and as far as my Habits are concerned they are in my top 5 favourite shoes of all time - all seasons in!!  


The Kurt Geiger, Carvela Habits £120 



I love them so .... 
I remember how excited I was when I went to buy them. They were completely different to my other shoes because these were my first pair of "Carrie shoes" : shoes that literally make heads turn every time they are worn ... (I'm referring to Carrie from "Sex and the City" obviously) 
Yes the price is high but they still remain in my top 5 favourite shoes of all time and I wear them every year...   

They have a rope ankle tie that can be done up in many ways and an amazing pink heel that will give any outfit a little extra spice! I tend to wear these on a casual day to brighten up grey or denim, to and from work, to a quick coffee or just to the hairdressers. I basically wear them with my "i'm not even trying" look and they ALWAYS get attention and ALWAYS make me feel like I can Rule the World. They're a TREAT on my FEET every time. 



The Kurt Geiger, Carvela Kan Kan £120 


Yes another pricey pair but look : how pretty ?!  I do remember getting these on sale but I can't remember how much I paid...                             

If you don't like colour then stay away from these but if you're like me and you love a bright outfit (especially in the sun) these are perfect! 



My Kan Kans are my version of a "nude" shoe because I can wear them with everything and I've always preferred a statement shoe to a "nude" anyway . 

I also really enjoy matching a handbag and earrings to these  because you have OPTIONS: pink, blue, purple, turquoise, orange and yellow. Yay! Gotta love a fun outfit ! 

I adore the wedge. It's not your typical wedge and that's kool- especially the last few summers where wedges have been everywhere.  
These beauties are smart looking enough to be worn in the evening with a dress; do you know any other wedges that can do that? Do ya ? ;) 




To sum this up, my summer shoes are twitching in their boxes and i'm sure yours are too, so please sunshine don't go away ! 


Much love and shoes, 

à bientôt, 

Mlle Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment