Saturday 20 April 2013

PURPLE . 

A few years ago Melodie Briere did my make-up for a photo shoot (so far no new news, especially if you have just read my latest post "Fix my Face! ") and she gave me a Purple Lip.I LOVED it. 

I have never really been a lipstick fan. It dries my lips out and I don't have any patience for re-applying. Setting those two things aside, the purple lip was really nice and it went really well with my orange hair. I've looked out for a purple lipstick since but have never come across a shade that I like enough to "buy n try".  

Recently, I went to MAC make-up store with my friend Minx and I saw a gorgeous purple lipstick. I really liked the colour and wanted it instantly but the price tag put me off (£14 I think). 

Minx is a lipstick kinda girl and she has reviewed some lipsticks in her blog before so when she said this one wouldn't dry my lips out I had to trust her. Minx was on a mission to convince me to purchase this Purple and to be honest I really wanted it so she didn't need to work that hard but the extra "push" helped me give into the price tag. 

I now own a MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Violetta and I LOVE it. I have already worn it for a shoot and can't wait to wear it again. It did not dry my lips out and it looks really good with my orange hair ! Mission accomplished I say ! 





Here it is on: 
Photography + Hair + Make- up by Melodie Briere. 


This has definitely made me feel like I want to be a little more Lipstick adventurous ! Melodie can tell me what shade will go with my look and Minx can tell me what brands will keep my Lips happy ;) 

Check out a Lipstick review by Minx on her blog: http://modedelaminx.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/tips-for-lips-lickable-lipchitz/




Much love and shoes,                              

à bientôt,

Mlle Ginger 


No comments:

Post a Comment