Thursday 6 June 2013

Get the Look 


Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while since my last post but i've been busy filming my new Waacking Dance Video (amongst multiple other things) ! Yes, if you did not know, i'm a Dancer and Waacking is the style I live for. 

For this Video project, I really wanted to create a mirror effect between the origins of Waacking and my persona. 
Waacking was inspired by silent films and old Black and White movies; I used this to show my dramatic side and French character. Waacking was born to Disco music: the Disco energy would reflect my fierce and passionate side. 

I used 2 outfits + Hair and Make- Up combos, 2 locations and a colour contrast to create the illusion.  

Let's check out the clothes .... 


Look 1: 1930's B & W Parisian


The first thing I did was look up pictures to understand the shape of the outfit and get the accessories right. 





Once I had all my images lined up I created my version:  

  •  Blazer: Vintage "Grand Mère Glamour " 
  • Pencil Skirt: Topshop  (tube skirt) 
  • Shoes: Kurt Geiger

Accessories : 
  • Hat: a precious Camden find in the Stables Market
  • Pearl Earrings : Claire's accessories 
  • Pearl Necklace: Camden market. 
  • Gloves : Vintage "Grand Mère Glamour" 


  • Bag : Vintage "Grand Mère Glamour "
  • The Cinderella Belt : Vintage online Etsy 
  • Brooch (hidden here) : Vintage 



The Belt and Hat are what made this outfit personal: the detail of the gold shoes along the belt +  the dramatic hat...  my outfit was complete! 



I needed this outfit to have all the "parts" so that it really looked like I was at a Bistrot having a coffee. The Bag and Gloves are the key to that "realness" I think because if you were going to a Caffe you would have a handbag and in the 30's ... gloves !! 




Look 2:  Disco 


The Disco outfit was easier to put together but it had to somehow be linked to the 1930's "ensemble" for the transitions from one era to the other to be smooth. I consequently decided to stick to Black + Silver sequins : the Disco version of Black & White!



  • Sequin Butterfly Top: Vintage, Episode 
  • Trousers : Episode 
  • Shoes: Zara 

Accessories: 

  • Earrings: Aldo 
  • Bracelet: Kurt Geiger
  • Belt: Vintage, Episode



This outfit is simple but effective ! Sequins: check, big 80's belt: check, fierce shoes: check !! 



So without further a do, here it is! Feel free to share and subscribe if you like it !



Much love and shoes, 

à bientôt, 

Mlle Ginger


No comments:

Post a Comment