Sunday 11 August 2013

If the shoe fits ... stick to that store ! 

Yes, I know, it's been a hot minute since my last post ! But don't worry, i'm still a shopaholic so I still have lots to blog about !! Posts are coming ! 

Most of you will know by now that my ultimate weakness (addiction) is shoes! I have spent quite a small fortune on shoes over the last few years and as a result have 3 shoe "towers" + a bottom layer in my wardrobe + a few boxes under the bed . All heels. I need help. 

My favourite shoe store to shop in has most definitely been Kurt Geiger . It's a bit pricey but the shoes are fab-u-lous and they fit my very small feet properly. 

This year , Zara have managed to convert me to checking their collection out first ! Before looking in Kurt Geiger! 
I have purchased 4 pairs of sandals in Zara since January 2013 !!! 


They are definitely cheaper than Kurt Geiger, they fit, they're very pretty and super COMFORTABLE !  

It all started with the Emerald Green Sandals in January... I tried them on in the shop and they felt very comfortable. However, they always feel fine in the store because you  WANT THEM so bad that your mind tells you "yes, really comfy, wow, never had such a comfortable pair before, I can definitely walk in these"... and then you get home and realise you were TRICKED !!  


£49.99

So I got them, took them home and tested them out for dancing in. I had a Battle in Italy coming up so that would be the big test. I went  to Italy to compete, new shoes packed and I WON. Verdict: they WERKED for me !!! 

Shortly after, I decided it would be missing an opportunity if I didn't buy the same ones in Black!! Because, how often do you find perfect Battle shoes ?? Shoes that look great AND that you can Dance FULL OUT in ???!! Exactly !! 


So I returned to Zara and got the 2nd  pair !








I guess if the shoe fits, buy it in every colour ? ;) 
When I think that I got both pairs for £100 and most Kurt Geiger shoes I like are around that price for 1 pair ... I say: WERK !!  And I guarantee you that I CAN perform, battle, shop and walk in them ! 

The next Zara Shoe purchase was the "Oh So Cute and Classy" orange pair that I blogged about in my "Back in the Habit" post. 


£29.99


£29.99 ??? Bargain for these. I've had so many compliments; every time I wear them, I get a nice comment. I've worn them with skirts, jeans and shorts ! I've worn them to a wedding, dinner and the museum. Matching handbag et Voilà! LOVE them SO much.
Vintage Jacket from Episode (that I intend to Blog about); Grey t-shirt from Ginatricot; Shorts from H&M Mens; Sunglasses from Camden; Earrings from Primark; Handbag from Italy AND the SHOES from ZARA ! 
                                      


The 4th pair is a Silver pair ! I had been looking at them for a while and then I got them in the sale !
£24.99





I have worn these a few times already with a black jumpsuit and silver earrings and with some black and white trousers. I think they're very summery and quite fun ! I'm planning a little shoot in them so stay tuned ! 


It's been good for me to change shoe store and go for a cheaper option that i'm still 100% satisfied with ! Once you find a store that sell things that fit, look good, feel good and have a decent price tag : don't let go ! 


So Zara, what you got for next season ? Mademoiselle Ginger wants to know ! 




Much love and shoes,

à bientôt,

Mlle Ginger












  

No comments:

Post a Comment